Monday, March 29, 2010

week one.

i finished the first week of my project, and well, some of my goals were easier to keep than others.

Here is a summary:

Goals i kept:
applying to jobs. i applied to seven jobs in seven days. woo.
exercising five times
practicing the guitar five times

Goals i did not keep:
only watching one television show a day (this one was harder than i thought it would be!)

The rest of the goals i was pretty decent at, though not the best. i can feel myself starting to slack and focus on the goals that i want to stick to and slipping on the rest.

i need to motivate myself more, but that will have to wait because i have a paper due on Friday and i haven't really started it yet! i went to a coffee shop today to work on it only to discover that my account was overdrawn because of a charge that i did not make. joy. And the bank says that it cannot address the charge until it is no longer pending. When i drove to the bank to put money into the ATM, it would not accept it, and of course this branch had only one ATM and it was already closed. So i drove over to another branch (way fun in five o'clock traffic) to try another ATM which of course was not taking deposits either. Sometimes i think that there is a conspiracy against me! At least this branch was open and i was able to deposit the money in at the teller.

anyways, i do have some good news, i have a PHONE INTERVIEW tomorrow morning. This is the first response out of 40+ applications and resumes that i have sent. And this is actually a job that could help my future! So pray for me, i have never had an interview before and a phone interview makes me nervous because they won't see how cute i am. ;) at least i can complete it in my PJs.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should get dressed up anyway...I mean, what if you say something strange because you are in early morning pj mode? I can't think of what you might say...Just a thought.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jolene. I think your clothes influence your thinking/speaking. At least throw some jeans on. And brush your teeth. I'm impressed with your productivity!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates