Thursday, May 13, 2010

irresponsibility.

if there is one quality in myself that i hate, it is irresponsibility.
i try so hard to be responsible in every part of my life, but it just doesn't always happen. this has happened unfortunately with my job at Michaels. Here i am, starting work with a bunch of people that i don't know and i am making a great impression as an irresponsible flake.

and i feel pretty sick about it.

at michaels, you have to ask off 15 days in advance, but i needed to request a couple days within that period from when i began working. i didn't realize that on my first day working that they would have the schedule prepared for the following week and they had scheduled me right in the middle of my friend's wedding, so i had to ask if i could leave early that day.

that was last saturday. last friday, i was supposed to be at work at 5:30, but i went with my parents to take my brother out to lunch for his birthday that day and got stuck in the middle of Atlanta traffic and was 30 minutes late for my shift.

i had to request off next saturday for my sister's high school graduation, then two more saturdays in june for more weddings.

after all of this, i was thinking that i really needed to get my act together and do everything that i can to be a good and responsible worker, someone that they are glad that they hired.

then yesterday, i had gotten off of work at the Pet Resort and was running errands with my mom when i got a call from my boss telling me that i was supposed to be in 45 minutes ago.

crap.

i felt so bad.

luckily, i made a mistake reading the schedule that many others have made before. i didn't realize that there was more than one page that i had to look at.

now i know.

hopefully i won't be making that mistake again.

and hopefully i won't get fired.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Alyssa, I'm sorry. :( I know how bad that feels, to feel like you're letting people down! Don't worry...now that you know about that tricky 2nd page, you are sure to charm and wow everyone there with your wit and craftiness. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates