Friday, January 29, 2010

Birthday Stories

Tomorrow is my birthday. To commemorate, i thought that i would share with the internet world some of the worst birthdays ever. enjoy!

-When i was young (maybe 6 or so) i had a party at a skating rink. My birthday happened to fall on a Sunday that year, so we had the party on the actual day. Unfortunately it also happened to be Superbowl Sunday, and well, only one of my friends came. (my dad even left early)

-On the day of another party, a couple of years later i was in class and my head was itching after i scratched a couple of squirmy things landed on my desk, that's right, lice. i had to get my head scrubbed and scrubbed, and only a couple people came to my party

-Another year it snowed and only people who could walk to my house came to my party (still a good number because i had some friends in my neighborhood) unfortunately among those that came were a few that did not get along...oh yeah i just remembered, earlier that day when i was sledding down a hill, i had a run-in with a mailbox right around my hip and i couldn't walk very well.

-A couple years later i actually had a good turn-out at my party, with the exception of my best friend, who threw a party on the same night (right up the street) and our parties clashed.

-The worst one though was right in the middle of a family crisis and the death of a friend of mine. The party was actually a nice time with friends after a crappy week, although it was supposed to be a surprise party, the cars and my friend arriving the same time as me tipped it off.

That is the gist of it, they got better as i got older, i am just glad that we were only allowed to have a party every-other year, otherwise, i might have been scarred for life...

8 comments:

  1. WOW. those are some awesome stories. but you didn't mention your BEST birthday ever.

    Remember that time you turned 27? And there was a knock on your front door (it was a cold and gray day) and there standing on your porch was a COUCH. And laying on the couch was this really beautiful girl with three tassels, holding a stack of books and a couple seasons of Gilmore Girls DVDs. And as if the thought of hours of Book Club and GG wasn't great enough, behind the couch there was a PONY!!!!! And the pony was holding a note in his mouth. And on the note it said "fifty zillion dollars have been donated to help the people of Haiti. and also all the people there have been healed in the name of the LAMB." and behind the pony there was a UNICORN. And the unicorn was holding a sign that said "I'm magical [as if you didn't know unicorns were magical]. Anytime you want you can hop on my super soft back and we will fly to anywhere in the world you want to be!!" And so after book club, you and Erika flew off to Tanzania to check on a few friends of yours, and then yall spent a few days in Hawaii, just to relax. And in Hawaii there was birthday cake. And all your friends came to help you eat it, courtesy of the magic pony.

    I can't believe you wouldn't share that story. I mean...it might not be the BEST birthday, but it's not THAT bad, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sad post. I hope you have a GREAT birthday today! Even better than the one Erika so awesomely created a picture of for you. If that's possible. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Erika, that is an amazing birthday scenario, i am eagerly awaiting your arrival! The only thing that i would add would be a bank account in my name that always has just the right amount of money in it so that i can go to school and do all the things that i want to do and help people without charging them!

    The funny thing is, after i finished this post, i remembered two more horrible birthdays that i left off! oh well, they can't get much worse, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Erika left out a couple of things about your b-day. Mainly, ME.

    It actually goes a little something like this:

    In front of the unicorn, in front of the pony, sitting beside Erika who is wearing three tassels, is ME! I am now also part of the book club, the trip to Tanzania, and the cake-eating party in Hawaii.

    Sitting on my lap is a puppy. The puppy is holding an invitation for you in it's mouth. The invitation is from the TOM's founder. They want you to join their summer team! Your job will be to travel the world spreading the joy of TOM's to impoverished everywhere on shoe drops. Your summer salary will be more than enough to sustain you for the ENTIRE year and they are covering all your healthcare needs. They are better than Obama. They actually deliver.
    Also because TOM's loves you and really appreciates your contribution, they are given you a full scholarship for all your grad school expenses. You will also be receiving an everlasting supply of TOM's shoes for life! (and for every pair you receive, a pair is given away!)

    Your mode of travel as an ambassador of TOMS will be the magical flying unicorn, or Holy Spirit transportation. Whatever you are feeling that day.

    Geez, Erika! I can't believe you left all of that out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And then....just when you think your birthday is over and it is the best one ever, I show up with my fam and our uhaul full of our stuff because we have moved to ga tehehe....and Anahi spends the night with you...wait, I think that last part is part of MY fav bday tehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    P.S. I'm glad you're blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I am LOVING this imaginary birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you thought that was good, you should see what happens when you turn twenty-EIGHT!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates