Tuesday, February 2, 2010

a not so terrible birthday

Although my birthday wasn't QUITE what some of my friends dreamed up for me (see comments on previous post) it was actually a good day (or more accurately weekend)
My fun weekend started Friday morning when I slept in then went to the gym. After I showered, my mom and i went out to shop for my birthday present, new running shoes! We hit the jackpot in the very first store where i found cute shoes on clearance for $10! Add to that my mom's $5 off coupon and you get, that's right $5 tennis shoes.

i am pausing so you can let your jealousy sink in.

Then it was off to Target where i got some flats for $6, And Ross where i got a spring jacket for $10 and a couple of dresses that i returned the next day- don't ask me why. Then i got a skirt and hair clips at Wal-Mart and because i was so efficient with my birthday budget, i got the cash that was left over, can we say gas money?

That night my family and i (sans one brother and one sister) went to eat Mexican (where i had a sombrero placed on my head) then we went home ate cake and ice cream and played Wits and Wagers, and Nertz.

On Saturday, my actual birthday, after sleeping in and going to the gym i packed up my stuff and headed to Athens, rode around with my friend Mary, had BBQ with some friends, then played Rummikub with the Suarezes and my wonderful roommate Diana.

Sunday was church, Barbaritos, Monk, and then to dinner with the Bateses where i was pleasantly surprised to find that the Van Pelts were also attending this delicious dinner of pork sandwiches, roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, and angel food cake with strawberries. After dinner we played this fun game of questions. Allow me to introduce the players:

Erika Bates: expert in all things financial, bouncy, and dental
Matthew Bates: dark, handsome, and a great conversationalist
Adam Van Pelt: lover of all things orange, and bodily functions
Sarah Van Pelt: maker of aprons and delicious things, fan of hyper color clothing
and me: finder of a bargains, wearer of hats, and lover of games

thanks to all of you who made my birthday awesome

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay! Glad you had such a good birthday weekend. And you still have one more celebration to come! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates