Monday, February 8, 2010

How a bad day becomes a good day

i woke up this morning with a stomach ache, which nowadays is not unusual. i feel sick until i am hungry enough for a hunger stomach ache to replace a sick stomach ache, then i eat something and the process starts again. The good thing is that yesterday there was a Monk marathon on and i recorded them all, so i was able to lay around feeling unmotivated and bad about myself. After lunch i decided that i would cheer myself up by using an Old Navy gift card that i got for my birthday.
i decided that i would go to Hiram instead of the Mall because traffic would be better and maybe there would be more clothes on sale. Unfortunately there is no Old Navy in Hiram, so i drove out there for nothing. On my way back to civilization (aka Cobb County) i passed by a couple places where i had put in applications, so i decided, while i am out, it can't hurt to check on that. The first place told me that they are not really hiring and that their current employees are not getting hours. At this point i am really bummed about this day and thinking about going home. At the second place the manager came out and talked to me, he told me that he remembered me because i had turned in a resume with my application. He also said that they had not really gone through the applications yet, but they were definitely going to be hiring a few people (hope!)

This is where my day starts to turn around. i got a free coke from chick-fil-a (need i mention again my love of coupons) then finally arrived at Old Navy where i purchased a CUTE dress, skirt and cami with my gift card plus $8. By the way, the Cami's were $2 so if you need some lace cami's i would check that out!

i came back home to find that my book had arrived for class, unfortunately it is HUGE, but i am sure that i can deal with it :)

Now, i can relax, look for jobs online and watch Monk for the rest of the evening.

And that is how a crappy day, becomes a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates