Monday, January 4, 2010

single life

The other day, my social life reached an all time low. And the sad part is, i enjoyed it.
Honestly, i have never been the type of person that likes to go out and do a bunch of stuff. Often, i have to make myself attend a social event, especially if i know that there will be a lot of people there. My idea of having fun with friends is having a few people over to my house to play some games and hang out. Doesn't that sound fun? Don't you want to come over?

It wasn't until i was mid-way through the movie "Oklahoma!" when i looked up from my map of the world puzzle and i thought to myself "this is pathetic." i am at the prime of my life! i should be doing something! The question is, what do i do? i find myself with free time, and i think - i should do something! But usually, i can't think of anything to do, especially anything that doesn't cost money, or, if there are options, i choose the one that involves me staying home in my PJs.

Some of you out there are thinking, man this girl is lame, but here is the thing, this wouldn't look as bad if i were married. There is nothing wrong with this picture if just one other person is involved. This is just another case of the marriage double-standard. Yes that's right, i called you out on your prejudice. On the inside, i am no different from you, sure i file differently on my taxes, i don't have any anniversaries, and i don't do things like collect ornaments to signify each Christmas together. So what? Why can't i prefer to stay home in the evenings without being lame? don't judge me. i watched "Oklahoma!" while putting together a 600 piece puzzle of the world. and i liked it.

5 comments:

  1. I do not find you at all lame. In fact, I'm a little jealous. I have no idea when I'll have time to watch a movie and do a puzzle again. And that sounds like my idea of a very enjoyable evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not lame!

    I want to come over!

    Darn. you live like 4 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judging by the above 2 comments, I think you have way too compassionate of friends.

    I think you are SUPER lame. I would NEVER do something like watch movies and do nothing when there are parties to be had. I mean, I most certainly did NOT reply to someone at a New Years Eve gathering, as we left at 10pm and they inquired as to why we didn't want to stay up til midnight, say that "the new year will still be there when we wake up".

    And I would never in a million years consider some of the best evenings of my life to be ones where I shared a couch with this girl and we watched Gilmore girls and then discussed really nerdy books and short stories. Every. Week.

    Nope, not me! That's why I can judge you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, can i point out that you are ALL MARRIED?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely did that stuff before I was married. One could argue that it's more lame to do it after you're married because there is someone else there to hang out with. And you're choosing a puzzle instead.

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates