Thursday, January 14, 2010

Book list

My friend Juli told me that I should make a list of books that I love. So here you go; a list of books that I unequivocally recommend.

•Hinds’ Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard – it is like she opened up my journal and wrote a book about it!

•Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger: Moving from Affluence to Generosity by Ronald J. Sider- This is a book to challenge the way you think about serving the poor

•Same Kind of Different as Me by Ronald Hall and Denver Moore- Make sure you have time to read it in a couple sittings and bring a box of tissues

•Rees Howells: Intercessor by Norman Grubb- What it looks like when a man fully lays down his life

•The Final Quest by Rick Joyner- The most intense and convicting book I have ever read

•Galileo’s Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love by Dava Sobel- A collection of letters sent to Galileo from his daughter in a convent mixed with the story of his life and discoveries. Some of the science stuff was a little thick, but it was neat to see the personal side (and the deep faith) of Galileo Galilei.

•Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte- I just love it!

•Most books by Francine Rivers or Robert Whitlow- These are books I read when I want to relax and escape

•The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom- I could not recommend a book more highly than this. I learned so much about the person that I want to be from this book

•The Tipping Point and Blink by Malcom Gladwell- very interesting books about trends and judgments. I haven’t read his new book, Outliers, but I would like to.

•The Know-it-all and Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs- hilarious and thought provoking at the same time. I have to credit Erika for my AJ Jacobs collection.

•Walking the Bible by Bruce Feiler- Bruce Feiler travels through the first five books of the Bible, literally. He finds a lot of really interesting things…like Manna!

-Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey the truth about debt and credit

There are probably a lot more but these are my favorites that I can think of off the top of my head. I will add some more if I think of them

2 comments:

  1. Your frequent blog posts make me want to post...at least once, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. We have similar book tastes.

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates