Monday, April 5, 2010

a great week.

last week (palm Sunday to Easter Sunday) was one of the best weeks that i have had in a while. lets recap, shall we? just for fun.

Palm Sunday is seriously my favorite Sunday of the year. Something about the kids coming in waving the palm fronds, it always gets me. And i was delighted to sing the song Hosanna by Hillsong while they walked around the sanctuary. i loved it.
To top off a great experience with the Lord, i had a strong sense that things were turning around and i would see fruit the following day.

Sure enough, Monday morning when i checked my email there was the message about a phone interview, which i had Tuesday. She called back on Wednesday to ask me if i could come in for a formal interview on Friday, which i did. And i got a new cardigan out of the deal. (my mom's Easter gift to me- she is probably REALLY wanting me to have a job!)

The weather was GORGEOUS all of last week and Jude and i went to the park several times (including Easter)

i got to hang out with some homeless guys

i completed the work for my class

i had some great time with the Lord

i got to see some people that i love and meet a few new people

AND i got Baptized on Easter Sunday (after like 10 years of putting it off)

like i said, it was an amazing week, but even in the midst of all the things that God is doing, it is so easy to let my thoughts go astray. i used to read about the mistakes of the Israelites and i wondered how a people in the midst of God's miracles could doubt His power. But i know that i do the very same thing! Saturday evening, i was sitting on my computer looking up my car insurance bill that is due this week, and i felt panic and anxiety overcome me. i have no idea how i am going to pay my bills, i have no idea how i am going to put gas in my car. But i do know that i follow a God who will meet every one of my needs. i know that He holds me in the palm of His hands, and He will make a way for everything. i had to stop myself and think back on all the hopeful things that were happening in my life, and remember how the goodness and the mercy of the Lord will follow me all the days of my life. i don't know if i will get the job that i interviewed for. if i do get it, i will worship God and thank Him for His provision. if i don't get it, i will worship God and thank Him that He has another means of provision for me. He is good, no matter what circumstances come. And i am grateful that He has brought me this far.

today i am back on track with my project. i slacked a little last week because of my school work and i figured preparing for an interview could count as applying for jobs.

on Saturday, i was telling a friend that i went to a Good Friday service and she (always one to hold me accountable) said "Did you talk to anyone?" and she said that i gave her a look like a kid who hadn't done what they were supposed to. Of course i did not talk to anyone, because i am a chicken. Oh well, there is always next time i suppose. at least i am hanging out with people.

this week is shaping up to be a good week, just like last week. i am truly excited about what the Lord is doing!

"Look among the nations! Observe! Be astonished! Wonder! Because I am doing something in your days- you would not believe if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5

1 comment:

  1. You were baptized! yay! I love baptisms. They are pretty much my fave. Something about seeing a picture of once dead but now alive in Christ gets me every time. Which I could've been there to bear witness.

    Now you just need a Holy Spirit baptism! which by the way,I've observed, that water baptism usually precedes a Holy Spirit baptism. so watch out!

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates