Thursday, April 15, 2010

blemishes and decisions

so, the other day, i rubbed my nose and it hurt. i thought to myself, wow, i guess i bruised my nose somehow, and i could not for the life of my figure out how. i decided it was a mystery and did not worry about it. But then the next day i got up and looked in the mirror and there was this HUGE zit on my nose. My whole nose was bright red and it really hurt. What am i now, 16? i feel like i am in a Beverly Cleary book or something. Yuck. Thank God for make-up.

In other news, i have been distracted lately with home stuff, which is why the blogging has decreased. My mom and i have been cleaning and organizing the basement and garage and i have been grocery shopping for the family, which is an ordeal because i have to find out what is on sale where and go through all my coupons that i have stock-piled.

My Bible study group had a coffee house on Tuesday with live music and snacks and fellowship. I brought my new friend Katie with me and we had a lot of fun. Katie is a little more talkative than i am, so she helped me relax and meet more people.

A friend of mine wants me to babysit for her on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, which is great because it is income and because i love this family. The problem is that they live an hour and a half away, so i would have to commute and i would have to miss my Bible study that i have started going to. i am not sure what i am going to do yet. i need to pray about it some, but at this point, i don't know that i have the luxury of turning down income. we will see.

well, i got myself thinking about Beverly Cleary now, so i am going to go do some reminiscing over her books. Ramona is my absolute favorite!

1 comment:

  1. Love me some Ramona, but hate how awkward she is and how awkward I feel reading the books...haven't read them in quite some years...probably because I don't ever want to feel that awkward again!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates