Tuesday, April 27, 2010

confessions

-this week i am training for my new job at Michaels. i am oh so grateful to have a job, but i am not super excited about it. hopefully it will be fun and i will become a craftier person. hopefully

-i have yet to receive one paycheck and i am already fighting the materialistic, selfish me that wants a new purse, a new dress, a certain movie, and a haircut. it is so much easier to deny myself when there is no money to spend. come on self-control!

-i have started watching Biggest Loser. Erika is killing me with all these shows she has me watching! But i love this show so much! it is so inspirational and it usually makes me cry (and i am not really a crier). tonight though i learned a valuable lesson that for some reason they split one episode into two parts, so when i went to record it before i went to Bible study, i did not realize that i only recorded the first part. i started to get suspicious when the contestants were in the middle of herding cattle and there was only 2 minutes left in the recording. Bummer. good thing i know that they show it again on saturday!

-i have reached a new level of dorkiness by adding the reading of a book on grammar to my bedtime routine of a sudoku puzzle. That is right people, i get into bed, read a chapter in my grammar book and do a sudoku puzzle. i am not ashamed.

-i have been sleeping better. ok, that is not really a confession as much as a thankfulness. i posted this verse beside my bed and read it before i go to sleep (after the grammar and puzzle)

Lift up the light of Your countenance upon me O LORD! You have put gladness in my heart. In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for you alone O LORD make me dwell in safety
Psalm 4:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates