Wednesday, January 12, 2011

all dressed up with no where to go.

feeling like a sloth.


and fed up with the snow and ice.

when you live in georgia you don't expect to be snowed in for four days.
the good news is that i really needed a vacation and i have enjoyed the time to rest and get caught up on school reading, but the bad news is that i am not able to afford this vacation and i hope that USAA understands when my car payment is late...


this snow really was out of control and i am not sure that anyone could have anticipated how quickly it came on, on sunday evening, i rushed to downtown atlanta to pick up my sister from her dorm room since her classes were being canceled. on the 45 minute drive there, the roads were clear and dry. on the drive home the roads were almost unusable. my car slid out several times and i came very close to getting stranded.

otherwise i have been reading,

watching Psych,

and working on the Mammoth crossword puzzle from the Christmas newspaper.

i went out to play in the snow once and it was short lived. lets just say that the snow and i are not friends.


as far as everything else that is going on, it's not much.
i am dealing with the typical stress of how much my school costs compared to how much money i make. i had a moment (or day) of panic when i thought i might have to drop my classes again, but my wonderful parents came through with some supplementary cash. i am still a little short, i am borrowing my books, and i am probably going to be stretched to make the remaining payments, but it will be worth it to keep up the school schedule. if i continue to take classes at this rate then i will only have two more years.

in other news:
i have an interview for a scholarship this weekend, yet another reason for the snow to go away as quickly as possible as i will have to travel to get there.

i am now a receptionist at my job. this is good because i have more of a guarantee of hours, but at the same time i miss playing with all the dogs. right now is our really slow time, post holiday, but i am praying that we will be unexpectedly busy so that there will be a lot of work.

i started doing the weight watchers program. previously while on the program, i lost about 40 pounds and i have hovered around that area for the past seven years or so. I really like this program because it makes room for you to treat yourself and eat your favorite foods, you just count it. if i can keep up with it, it works really well for me and it gets me eating healthier which is just a good thing to do in general. i sure do feel a lot better anyways and i have lost about 6 pounds already. so that is exciting.

i don't have any social news to report. i love my bible study group, but they all have children and families and while i love being around all these families and their children, i still don't have people that i hang out with in my free time. i see my atlanta friends every once and a while, but it is difficult for me to travel to see my friends when i am barely making ends meet gas wise just driving around town. the thing that frustrates me is that i have been here for a year now and i am still spending my evenings watching house hunters with my parents. sigh.

well, lets wrap things up on a more upbeat note:

Falcons have home field advantage in the playoffs! Go Falcons!!!!!!!!

oh yeah and to explain the blog title, i definitely put on a dress and leggings and my boots this morning and wore them all around the house all day.
it made me feel a little better. tomorrow it is supposed to break freezing...maybe i will actually go somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I curled my hair with hot-rollers before I ventured outside today to go to Publix. I never use those, but since it was the first time I was stepping outside of my condo in over 30 hours, I thought I should make it count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is better than not going anywhere! i did finally get out today. it was glorious.

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates