Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ups and downs

this past weekend i had a lot of ups and downs. the good thing is that the ups outweighed the downs. but it was still an emotional weekend.

it started friday morning when we lost a dog at work (who was one of my favorites) the dog had medical complications and there was nothing we could have done, but it was heartbreaking that is for sure, add that to the fact that it had only been a week since i had lost my own dog and lets just say, i was a bit of a wreck.

friday evening though, i was invited to a Christmas dessert party (on a completely unrelated note, does anyone else have a fear of mixing up desert and dessert?) with by my friends the Randalls. i always enjoy their parties even though i seem to know less people every time i go. i had a great time and ate WAY too many desserts even though i was exhausted.

on my way home my low tire pressure light came on-this will come into play later in the story of my weekend.

On saturday morning i had to go back to work and apparently i was exhausted because i slept right through my alarm. i woke at the time that i am usually arriving. as i was rushing to get ready, i remembered that all my work clothes were in the dryer. as i reached in to grab them i realized that they were still damp. at this point i had no choice but to go to work with damp clothes. the day just keeps getting better. i got into my car and i had completely forgotten about the low tire pressure, but i figured that i should be able to drive to work then get some air in it after, but when i started to drive it started to thump like my tire was flat. i got out to look at it, but couldn't see anything because it was dark, so i drove to work anyways (probably not smart). overall, it was a good day at work, on saturdays i work with my favorite people and even though i was late and damp, it was a pretty good day, until i left and realized just how flat my tire was. yikes. cue fumbling around with the spare until i got some help.

that afternoon i knew i had to go get a new tire and there is a really long frustrating story here about actually trying to get one, but we will fast forward to the part where the guy told me that it was going to cost me $130. for one tire. sigh. there goes my bank account again.

ok, now lets skip ahead to the good part of the day because this is just depressing.
my good friend and roommate from college, Jamie drove up from Ft. Valley. we decorated some cookies, ate some ham and then she gave me one of the best christmas presents ever by taking me to see Cirque du Soleil: Ovo! The show was truly spectacular. i have been dreaming about going to cirque since i was young and i was totally blessed to go with Jamie. i can't count how many times my jaw dropped open in amazement. it was wonderful. i highly recommend.

Sunday morning, we slept in because i was exhausted from the weekend. then jamie and i got up and met our other friend and also former college roommate Sarah and her husband Adam who were in town from Athens. we enjoyed a great church service then went for a delicious lunch at a local diner. Jamie had to get back, but Sarah and Adam treated me by taking me to go see the next Narnia movie "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" it was wonderful to see one of my favorite books brought to life. Even if they did change major elements of the plot. Overall, i enjoyed it.

so, that was my crazy weekend. i worked yesterday and then had my cell group christmas party (which included a very competitive game of pictionary) and i have today and tomorrow off to spend time with my family. we are celebrating christmas tomorrow, so get ready for an early christmas recap and a list of all my loot!

love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, taht was an eventful weekend!! But it sounded like the friends and excellent entertainment (Cirque, movies, desserts, etc.) outweighed the bad stuff, so yay for that. Merry Early Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates