Monday, December 13, 2010

catching up

so, i had fully intended to use my break from school to catch up on blogging.

as you can tell, that has not happened.

but, i am trying!

the thing is, i hate writing those blogs that are like: here is a list of everything that i have done in the past three months. then there is no depth, no insight, just lists. not that i have anything against lists (i am actually quite fond of them), but i am usually looking for something more to put in here.

anyways, since we last talked, i finished up the semester at school. While my finals were not as rough as they could have been, it was still a relief to be finished with them. now i feel self-conscious when i am laying around, watching tv, reading the Chronicles of Narnia (LOVE), and writing blogs, because i feel like there is something else i should be doing.

not that there isn't something else i should be doing, like working on scholarship applications. i hope to have those all ready by the end of break, with the exception of those that require FAFSA (i don't really know what this stands for, it is like federal application for student aid or something) because i have to get all my tax information before i can fill that out.

anyways, i think my finals went pretty well, but i won't get my grades until the school receives my final payment for the semester which i just sent. which also means that i am BROKE. like really broke, as in, i have nine dollars in both bank accounts and i am about to have to use it for gas so that i can go to work kind of broke. but that is ok because i am in good with the Provider.

this weekend i actually took a couple days off of work at took a mini vacation. i went up to Charlotte, NC to visit my beloved friend Kristina and her beautiful daughter Adoration Joy.



amazingly, she suits her name perfectly. i just LOVED getting to spend some quality time with Kristina and cuddling with her sweet baby who i know is going to be growing so much between the times that i get to see her. it is a shame that the people that i love can't all live nearer to each other.

speaking of people living far away, another beloved friend of mine had a birthday this weekend. i love for people to feel special on their birthdays, so i always feel sad when i can't go spend time with them. But erika, i am so glad that you had a great gift of snow on your birthday, know that you are loved and my heart was with you on sunday, even if my body was not.

i am pretty excited about the rest of this winter break because even though i will be working a good bit, i also have lots of fun things planned with my family and with friends that i do not get to see much. i will try to keep you updated as they come. But i will let you in on one thing that i am SUPER excited about:

OVO!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! I did feel very special and loved on my birthday. Are you going to OVO?!?! I am SUPER jealous!!! But it's probably good I'm not going. Every time I watch Cirque I feel like "hey, I can do that, right?" and I start trying and it never ends well. As it turns out, I'm actually not an acrobat...who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew, my WV was "eyegoss" which sounds like "eyegloss"...like if you're too lazy for eye shadow, try this eyegloss!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates