Sunday, August 1, 2010

there's a first time for everything

i had another busy work week this week, but i managed to find some time to do some new and exciting things. well, i guess exciting is all relative, but they are certainly exciting to me.

Firstly, i taught myself how to sew. i have been attempting to repair my mom's old sewing machine, but to no avail, so, i decided to take matters (and fabric) into my own hands and do it for myself. Now, this is not to say that anything that i have created so far has any aesthetic quality to it, but the function is there, so i think i am ok with that, this being my first week and all.

also, my RAM (random access memory just in case you were wondering) came in the mail this week, and so i took out my computer battery, unscrewed a panel, pulled out the old RAM and installed the new ones. (with supervision and help of course). but i was pretty darn proud of myself. i also updated my operating system and partitioned my hard drive so that i could install another operating system, BUT i did not leave enough space on one side of the partition, so i will have to fix that somehow. Maybe i should leave the computer stuff to the experts? Hopefully i will get all of this resolved before school starts in a few weeks.

the highlight of my week hands down though, was going to meet my friend Kristina's baby for the first time. Kristina and her husband were in Atlanta for his work, so i went and spent an entire afternoon and evening with Kristina and Adoration. way fun.

here are a few more highs and lows of this week:

high: all my working paid off with some nice paychecks on friday

low: i was rear-ended again. i think that makes it like 5 times that someone has run into the back of me. what is up with that?

high: i went to see Inception. it definitely lives up to all the hype. go see it. i won't spoil anything except to say that there is one part where Leo's character runs into a shop and the man starts yelling at him in Swahili. That made me so happy.

low: my dog ate one of my favorite pairs of shoes. Well technically, he only destroyed one, but what use is the other now?

high: my brother came to visit (albeit briefly)

low: i only went running once this week.

and to end on a high note: i am off today (yay for being off on Sundays), church was awesome, there was a Psych marathon on TV yesterday that i recorded, and it is August. i am really excited about it being august. it is going to be a good month.

2 comments:

  1. I knew you would like Inception!

    so glad I got to see you. It was a highlight of my week as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging out with those 2 has been the highlight of TWO of my weekends now, so I'm totally with you. And about that favorite shoe. Save it. What if you break a foot someday...then one foot will be in a cast and you can rock that other shoe. Or maybe I'll have another pirate party and you'll have one peg leg and need a shoe for the other foot. Think about it. You want to be prepared. And you totally sound like a computer expert to me. And a sewing expert. I mean, basically, if I have any questions about ANYTHING, I'll be calling you.

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates