Thursday, July 22, 2010

shameless endorsments

i have been working so much lately that i have time for little else, but i have discovered a few things around the web (and in the real world) that deserve a shout-out.

1. i found out that my friend sara is in Asia. Random, huh? pray for her!

2. i am big into financial responsibility and such. My brother showed me this awesome website that helps you budget and pay off your debt. (just don't pay attention to the credit card ads). And its free, and we all know how much i love free stuff.

3. i have been podcasting sermons from Bethel church in california for a couple years now, but i just discovered that you can watch the worship online also. Maybe this is old news, but i was pretty excited when i found out. i have been turning it on while doing other things like cleaning, writing blogs, etc. good stuff.

4. i am a sucker for good customer service. Seriously. i will travel great distances and pay more money if i know that you are going to work for my best interest. Yesterday i took my 3+ year old macbook (read: outdated) to the apple store sans appointment with the idea that they could help me put all the things i need onto my computer without having to buy a new one. this super nice guy spent like 20 minutes with me coaching me through all the things i need to do. turns out i just need a software update and some new RAM and he sent me a link to a website where i can get it cheap. So instead of a $1,000+ new computer i am only spending $80 to make mine good as new. and i feel more computer savvy. i mean if you had told me two days ago that i would be ordering RAM online and that i actually would know what it is, i would not have believed you. So, all that being said, if you need apple help, go to the apple store in perimeter (and ask for kyle, you won't be sorry)

5. Covenant Care is a great organization that supports women in unexpected pregnancies. They help them make important decisions about the life of their child and match them with adoptive parents if that is what they choose. Covenant Care is having a fund-raising drive right now. They are finding a greater need now amongst decreased giving. I encourage you to prayerfully consider donating to this great cause.

6. My baby sister is in Guatemala this week. please pray for her and check out what they are doing HERE.

i think that is all the advertising that i have for right now. Sorry my posts are few and far between, there is not much going on unless you want to hear about dog poop and custom framing.

1 comment:

  1. juli wisotskyJuly 27, 2010

    hey, i checked out your sister's blog in Guatemala, it was really powerful! thanks for sharing. miss you!

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates