Friday, June 18, 2010

this and that

not much has happened in the few weeks since i was writing regularly. and i am not just saying that. that is what working six days a week will do to you.

but here are a few exciting (to me) things that HAVE happened.

- I have decided to make up for my lack of camera by using my webcam. of course this is limited to things that i can awkwardly point my computer at. which for now includes things in my room and myself. so here you go.

Do you remember when i mentioned that i moved the tv out of my room? Well this is where it used to be:



if you look closely you will see a picture of me in Tanzania with my friend Isaya, an encouragement notebook that my friend Kristina made for me. Some yummy smelling crystals in a bluebird, and African wood carving from Diana and some of my book collection. (also my poor neglected guitar!)

and here is the other thing i can take pictures of...my HAIRCUT!





i am still not positive that i love it, but the lady gave me what i asked for, so i can't complain about that.
PS i blowdried my hair just for you. feel special.

-also since we spoke last, two of my good friends got married in back to back weekends. that was pretty fun. i always have mixed feelings going into weddings, you know, happy for my friends, sad i have no date, having fun catching up with old friends, overwhelmed by so many people in a small space, feeling awkward by my lack of small talk skills... anyone else struggle with this, or is it just me?

-one of my favorite things that has happened that i wanted to tell you about was eating at a Greek restaurant. It was probably the most fun that i have ever had eating. The food was all outstanding and we had dancing in-between courses. It made me want to go to Greece. i HIGHLY recommend.

-some very exciting news. Kristina had her baby! That makes me the closest that i will be to an aunt for a long time. i won't mention the fact that i found out that my best friend had a baby from someone else's blog (oops, i just did) but i am super excited and i plan to go visit Adoration VERY soon. Probably as soon as the family isn't visiting and i can get off work...get my bed ready Stine!

-and lastly i will leave you with my favorite deal of the summer: "Freefill" cups at RaceTrac. you buy the cup once and then fill it up for free all summer long. sodas AND icees. that's right, you walk right in, fill up your cup with whatever you want then walk right back out. it is amazing. and it has been perfect because it is so blazin HOT outside! We're talking heat indexes above 100 degrees. and one of my jobs is outside. so i stop and get myself an ice cold drink and refresh myself. amazing. if you live anywhere near a racetrac i highly recommend it!

4 comments:

  1. Amay! I can't believe that is how you found out! I blame James :). My phone was def. MIA. I almost had the baby on the floor of our living room. No joke.(I'll post the story at some point.) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, if it was anyone else, stine, i would have been offended. But i know you too well. i don't think i would be thinking about where my cell phone was at the moment either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog and it makes me soo happy to read it! i love your hair cut, too, btw!
    love you, friend! so thankful for you in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks APRIL!!!!

    love you too!

    ReplyDelete

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates